It’s time to show your craft in perfecting the cut. Edit Fest 2021 is here!
At Filmsupply we believe the moving image is the most powerful means of communicating a message—even more so when that story is in the hands of a skilled editor. We want to celebrate the art/craft of editing while giving editors a chance to hone their skills and create compelling work that’s recognized by directors, production companies, advertising agencies, and edit houses.
That’s why we’re hosting Edit Fest 2021. It’s our annual competition centered on the editor, where skill and style go hand in hand as entrants compete for $50k in cash prizes, an editing credit in an official music video, and personal feedback from industry-leading judges.
How It Works
Here’s a rundown of prizes up for grabs:
• $10,000 Cash for Best Edit
• $5,000 Cash for Best VFX
• $5,000 Cash for Best Color
• $5,000 Cash for People’s Choice
• $1,000 Cash to each of the 25 finalists
• Personal, Written Feedback from World-Class Judges for “Best of” winners
• Automatic admittance into the 2022 AICP Post Awards for “Best Edit” winner
Here are the Edit Fest 2021 judges:
1. Anke Petersen – Founder and Executive Producer at Jyoti Film (Lift Like A Girl, Les Enfants Terribles)
2. Chris Franklin – AICP Post Awards Chair, Founder of Big Sky Edit (Oscar-nominated ‘Saria’, Tribeca 2020 Official selection)
3. Roslyn Di Sisto – Senior Colorist at Darling VFX (Drake, Black Eyed Peas, Vogue)
4. Emily Stave – VFX Producer at Elastic
5. Javier Alejandro – Executive Producer (Dua Lipa, A$AP Rocky, Nike)
6. Rayka Zehtabchi – Brand Content Director (Oscar-winner – ‘Period. End of Sentence.’ ‘A Women’s Place’)
7. Sherina Florence – GCD at 72andSunny
8. Alex Cook – Director & Filmsupply Filmmaker
Submissions will be accepted from September 7th – October 8th and graded on craft, rhythm, storytelling, and creativity. From there, 25 finalists will be selected and featured on the Edit Fest website, and voting for People’s Choice will open on October 13th. After our judges review edits, winners will be announced for the Best Edit, Best VFX, and Best Color, as well as the People’s Choice award winner, chosen by the public. Winners from each category will be announced on October 27th.
Think you can make the cut? Download the starter kit today.