1. An Editor’s Role is Changing
2. Editors Have a Valuable Outside Perspective
3. Fight for the Scenes That Matter
4. Hard Sell Through Pre-Vis
5. Editors Aren’t Going Anywhere
The Mandalorian may be changing many things, but not how essential an editor is to a production. In fact, editors will need to be even more involved, thinking through every scene before they’re shot, wearing the hat of a director in some ways. We’ve always known editors have thought this way, but now audiences are going to see it on screen. And that’s an exciting proposition.
Read more editorial tips from Richard Pearson, editor of Wonder Woman 1984, Quantum of Solace, and The Bourne Supremacy.